Thursday, May 4, 2017

Haiku 4, May the 4th be with You!!!!

You have to Love Star Wars and now with Disney taking the reigns, it seems like Star Wars is even a little greater.  Or maybe it was because J. J. Abrams took over.  Whatever.

All I know, is that whether it was the story of me being at the theatre as an almost 1 yr old watching Return of the Jedi on my dad's lap, or watching my little 3 yr old daughter enjoy her Stormtrooper birthday party, I'm reminded again that Star Wars is universal. It is fun and exciting and rings true with all the classic archetypes that are part of the Hero's journey.

Today in honor of Star Wars and the weird holiday that May the 4th has become, I snapped a shot of my 3 yr old becoming one of her favorite bad guys.  While being glared at, I was reminded of the strange paradox that comes with parenting a 3 yr old.  It is ghastly and terrifying and yet one of the funniest and most hilarious phases of every human being.  This haiku is for my little storm trooper.

My Three Year Old
By Kate Cowan

Captain Phasma glares.
Her cold stillness wears me down.
Trouble is looming.

No comments: