Tuesday, October 9, 2007

a poem by someone else


I really wanted to share some awesome lyrics from one of my favorite songs right now.
The guy is named Jeremy Enigk and he has played in several bands...Including Sunny Day Real Estate and The Fire Theft. But, in 2006 he released a solo album called World Waits. Since I am an itunes junkie, I had to partake of the goodness.

The album is very good. Many would classify him as "emo" but I prefer to hear the optimism in his lyrics. Take a look...

Been Here Before

Been here before.
Though there's something in the air this time.
Now I wanna give away what I've taken back.
Run away with you toward the night.
A thousand names.
Though this something in me cannot smile,
don't wanna spend the day retracing steps.
Run away with you toward the light.

I can't stay long in the morning.
Another world went wrong - it's ok.
Now that you're gone,
hold me in your eyes or suddenly deny
I sympathize.

Those diamond days
A thousand strands of sunlight in her eyes.
Now I wanna give away what I've taken back.
Step away with you toward the night.

Hold me in your eyes or suddenly deny
I empathize.

Hurry up and sleep,
to the night you go

No comments: