Thursday, February 9, 2012

30 things to do before I turn 30



Ok, I guess I have to make this official already. Many moons ago, I was turning 25 and my roommate was turning 30. She and I made lists and went ahead crossing things off. Now, five years later, it was a little overwhelming to do this all over again. My last big list ended with jumping out of an airplane on my 25th birthday. Things have changed slightly. I am a stay at home mom and I can't exactly take my one yr old bungee jumping with me. So, this list had to have plenty of variety.

 It took a while to get some ideas. I looked up many, many lists of other people who were turning 30 and they were all the types of things I don't do, have already done, or they were things that would take longer than four months to complete. Considering the circumstances, I think this is a pretty good list.

30 things to do before I turn 30
 Started groundhog day 2/2/2012 ends on 6/2/2012
1. Read the entire Book of Mormon
2. Complete a puzzle by myself (at least 500 pieces)
3. Cook one complicated recipe from Julia Child
4. Write 30 letters to 30 people
5. Attend the Holi festival
6. Fulfill my commitment and sing for the residents of an assisted living
7. Take my daughter to the zoo
8. For Lent this year, give up buying anything "new"
9. Take my daughter to a children's reading hour
10. Make my own "mommy file"
11. Roll my own sushi
12. Clean and detail my own car
13. Plan a special Valentine's dinner for my husband
14. Watch 10 movies from the 1930's
15. Bake 12 new cookie recipes
16. Learn to polish shoes
17. Take a ceramics class and make something start to finish all by myself
18. Do an act of service for someone who needs it
19. Make something special for my family
20. Practice yoga at least 30 days
21. Discover a new musician and get the album
22. Take 30 photographs
23. Discover a new author and read one of their books
24. Submit some of my writing to a writing contest
25. Write a children's book
26. Try a new type of food or restaurant
27. Take my daughter for her first taco at my favorite Mexican restaurant
28. Go to the Natural History museum
29. Get my own cowboy boots from a thrift store and go to my first rodeo
30. Enter and ride in a formal bike race/ride.

 Yes. There you have it. On my birthday I will probably be biking, baking, or writing somewhere. Please comment if you have suggestions, ideas, or advice. The next four months should be a lot of fun.

1 comment:

John C. said...

I love you and think you are totally awesome for doing this! Way to GO babe!